Lying Dumbbell Curls is an excellent exercise to build biceps through the entire range of motion.
Main Muscle Worked: Biceps
Purpose: To Build muscle mass in Biceps.
Execution: This exercise is done lying on a bench with a pair of dumbbells.
1. Grab a pair of dumbbells and lie on a bench.
2. Let your arms hang by the sides with your palms facing forwards.
3. Curl the weights and get dumbbells as close to your shoulders as possible and get a good contraction.
4. Lower the dumbbells and extend them completely feeling a good stretch.
Points to Remember:
- Exhale while you exert.
- It is very important to use a weight that you can control throughout the movement and also to start with a slight bend in your elbows. It is very easy to injure the biceps tendon if improper form and or too much weight is used.