Black pepper is a spice with medicinal properties, which is very beneficial in health. Its flavor is most unique due to the element called piperine.
Black pepper contains iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, chromium, vitamins A and C, and other nutrients.
Black pepper is used in food. Consumption of this can prevent dangerous disease like cancer, besides weight loss, it is also very beneficial in cold and cold. Eating black pepper provides relief in cold-related diseases such as cough, cold, and not only that, black hair also reduces hair loss.
The origin of the pepper plant is believed to be South India. Outside India, it is also cultivated in Indonesia, Borneo, Indochina, Malay, Lanka, and Thailand, etc. The pepper plant originates from the plurality in the forests of Travancore and Malabar.
Benefits of Black Pepper:
- Black pepper protects the body from fatal diseases like cancer. Regular consumption of black pepper does not cause breast cancer. Black pepper contains vitamin C, vitamin A, flavonoids, carotenes and other anti-oxidants.
- Black pepper helps in indigestion, diarrhea, constipation and acidification, it also increases digestive power. Pepper sends signals to the stomach from the test buds and prompts them to produce hydrochloric acid. This acid is helpful in digesting all food ingredients.
- Black pepper provides relief from gum pain very quickly. Make a powder by mixing equal quantity of black pepper, nutmeg and rock salt and mix a few drops of mustard oil and apply it to the teeth and gums and clean the mouth after half an hour. With this, the problem of pain in your teeth and gums will also go away.
- Control of weight can also be achieved by taking regular black pepper. It contains powerful phytonutricians that help to break down the outer layer of fat and it does not allow excess fat to accumulate in the body.
- Coarsely ground black pepper and scrubbing the face gives a glow to the skin. But it should be used sparingly and carefully. Its scrub removes the dead skin and nourishes the skin.
- Black pepper gives relief in cold, stiffness and phlegm. It also provides relief in cough. Consuming black pepper on the runny nose due to cold will give relief. Cough and chest tightness are relieved by consuming black pepper.
- Black pepper is a natural anti-depression. If you are suffering from stress or depression, then take regular black pepper, the stress will go away.
Side effects of Black Pepper:
- Black pepper can cause stomach irritation if taken in large amounts.
- Black pepper can cause eye irritation.
- Excessive consumption of black pepper can cause miscarriage in pregnant women.
- In women who breastfeed, consuming black pepper can translate it into hard flavored milk, which may not be good for your baby. It can also cause allergies.
Storage of Black Pepper:
- Store whole black pepper in a sealed container in a cool, dry place up to one year.
- Ground pepper begins to lose flavor after about four months, so if you do not use a lot of pepper, avoid those huge cans.